Sunday, November 23, 2008

Zane, Are Your Blogs For Real?

Dear Zane,

I have a question about your blogs.Are these people for real? Now, I am not questioning your credibility or trying to offending you, but I am wondering are the people that message you playing jokes or what? Because some of the questions they ask about relationships are just absurd. Some of these women need to wake up, and be real. They ask questions about relationships that I, a 17 year old, should be asking you. Most of the relationships questions come from grown women who are supposed to have it together. Some of those situations I wouldn't put myself in now, so why would I do it when I’m 25+? Where is their God given sense?I was just wondering and thank you.

Signed,
For Real

Dear For Real,

Yes, all of my blogs are real. They are real emails from people in real pain, both female and male. In a perfect world, we would all have it together and I am guilty of making a ton of stupid mistakes in the name of love. I look back on them now and wonder what the hell was I thinking. The fact of the matter is that I was not thinking clearly and allowed myself to be taken advantage of, because I believed lies, I believed in fairy tales and I thought that everyone was as honest, compassionate, and straight forward as myself. I say this about myself for a reason. None of us know the day or the hour that we will make a decision that will change the entire scope of our lives. None of the people who write me are perfect because no one is.

People do things in the name of love that do boggle the minds of those around them. While I do believe that a lot of the people who email me already know the answer that they seek, they just want someone else to validate their gut instincts or possibly serve as a support system or brace to give them the courage to do what must be done. You are only seventeen and trust me, at some point in your life, there will be curveballs that you will not be prepared for.

Blessings,
Zane

No comments: