Friday, November 28, 2008

Not Invited to Thanksgiving

Dear Zane,

I already stated in other blog that I have a boyfriend and we have been together 8 months. I don’t have any family to spend thanksgiving with and I have friends, but I wanted to spend time with my boo for the holidays. I have met his whole family many of times and was even over his house last week.

With him knowing this my 1st year without family he didn't invite me to thanksgiving with him but his family did and I know he is the one who matters and not his family, but I still fault him that he should have invited me. And his mother said she would come and get me but I said I wasn’t going unless he came and got me. I talked to him about it and he said if I showed up he would leave his own house and he said thanksgiving is for family. On Monday my friends had something at my house and I invited him to join. Am I wrong for thinking that he is just being selfish or am I wrong for thinking he should have been nice enough and invited me?

Signed,
Not Invited to Thanksgiving


Dear Not Invited to Thanksgiving,

I am going to be blunt. You need to tell him to kiss your ass and then never respond to his phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. again. He might be your boyfriend but you must not be his girlfriend, not in the true sense of the word. You have been dating for eight months and this is all his doing. His family invited you and his mother even offered to get you but he wants to act like a baby and give you a stupid ultimatum so you will not come.

He is not the type of man you need to waste your oxygen on, rather less your time. Selfish does not even begin to describe his actions and you deserve better. Something tells me that you will stay with him but that is my two cents.

Blessings,
Zane

UPDATE: This was her response: You don’t think it would be too deep to break up with him over one thing.

MY RESPONSE: I have a feeling that you will not stop seeing him but you can count on this, his level of disrespect for you will continue and you can mark my words on that. If you want to accept it that is on you but do not be surprised when it happens again and again and again. If he makes you happy, go for it.

Blessings,
Zane

No comments: