Friday, November 28, 2008

What Is That Smell?

Dear Zane,

First, I want to say thank you. Your advice and the advice of the posters have been invaluable. You posted an issue very dear to me and I was surprised how I felt reading it and reading the replies. I just want to say thank you.Next question: It may be a little embarrassing but maybe some readers have this issue. I have noticed that throughout the month, my vaginal odor changes. Sometimes I don't even notice it and then, at other times, I am sure everyone can smell me. The odor is not fishy; in fact, I think it may be hormonal. I went to the doctor and they looked at me like I was crazy and after tests, gave me a clean bill of health. Even with that, I am so conscience of my smell. Do all women experience a change in vaginal odor throughout the month? I never really noticed this before but as I get older (I’m 27), I find myself worried and concerned. No one has ever told me I stink but to me, my vagina is strong (at times). Is this normal?

Signed,
What Is That Smell

Dear What Is That Smell,

As long as the doctor has given you a clean bill of health, I would not be concerned. However, if it is truly bothering you, that is what vaginal cleansers and feminine deodorant spray, panty liners, douches, and all the rest are for. It probably is hormonal or it could be a variety of other factors. If you are using condoms for sex, that might be a factor. If you are not using condoms, your man’s body fluids mixed with yours might be a hot ghetto mess. You can also eat a variety of fruit and change your diet to see how that helps.

Blessings,
Zane

No comments: