Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wanting to Go Both Ways

Dear Zane,

First, I would like to say that I love your books. I have a situation. I have been married a year in September. I am madly in love with my husband and the sex is great. But, for the past year, I have been craving to be with a woman. I have experienced another woman before, years ago. She wanted a relationship and I did not. We are best friends now and ever since then, this urge has been driving me crazy. Every time I cross paths with an attractive woman, something comes over me. I am in love with nice, rounded breasts and a nice ass. Is something wrong with me? Now most people would ask, what’s the problem? The problem is that my husband is a deacon and we attend church faithfully. I know that it’s wrong but I cannot help the way I feel. My husband jokes about my bisexuality all the time, but he has no idea how I feel. I can’t tell him because he talks about how wrong same sex relationships are. Can you please give me some advice?

Signed,
Wanting to Go Both Ways

Dear Wanting to Go Both Ways,

My advice has to be the only advice in this situation but not because I believe that bisexuality or homosexuality is wrong. People are who they are and they should love who they love. I am going to tell you to leave the situation alone because you are a married woman and you have taken vows to be faithful. There is nothing wrong with fantasizing; all normal people do it. However, cheating is never acceptable and even though you are talking about cheating with a woman instead of a man, it is still wrong and the ramifications can be long-standing and harmful. Thus I would suggest that you confine your sexual activity to being with your husband, unless and until your marriage ends for other reasons.

Blessings,
Zane